March Drop-in Classes When the mind is at peace we are protected from the storm of daily life’s challenges and difficulties. By increasing the depth and strength of our peace of mind we can find a reliable place of refuge within. This is a source of strength for ourselves and others giving us the ability to transform and grow from anything life throws at us. Join us to learn how to gain the … [Read more...]
Weekly Drop-In Meditation Classes on Wednesdays
Every month, our Wednesday classes will focus on a chosen topic. See below for upcoming, current and past topics.
Click the button below to register for live streamed meditation classes.
We are offering a class on Wednesday at 7 pm, a class on Sunday at 11 am, and daily lunchtime meditations from noon to 12:30, Tuesday through Friday.
January & February Wednesday Evening Drop-in Classes Find peace by learning to meditate in an effective and practical way. Gain perspective on the stresses of daily life and get empowered to change. Make meditation part of your life! With fast-paced lives and even faster moving thoughts, we can feel pulled in every direction. We may want to meditate, but with so many methods of … [Read more...]
November & December Drop-in Classes How can we find deeply fulfilling and meaningful lives? How can we find the peace and happiness we desire? How can we help others better? How can we contribute to making the world a better place? Making time for the people and things that matter most can be hard to do in the busyness of daily life’s commitments and activities. But what would happen if … [Read more...]
• Wednesdays in October, 6:30-7:30pm • Join us for a series of meditation classes to discover simple meditation techniques to clear the mind, reduce anxiety and stress, and experience peace from within. Imagine living without stress, tension, and negative thoughts. Imagine feeling flexible, worry free, and light-hearted. In this series you will learn meditations and stress-busting tips … [Read more...]
Join us for a series of meditation classes on how to overcome difficulty and conflict by learning how to accept and transform the challenge! We often have to work, live and meet with people who we find challenging. Priorities differ, opinions clash, conflicts build and we can feel stressed and frustrated. Avoiding the situation is often impossible, but even if we can, another difficult person … [Read more...]
• Wednesdays in August, 6:30-7:30pm • By understanding the inner science of the mind we can discover which thoughts and states of mind lead to happiness and which do not. With this knowledge we can learn positive habits of happiness and practice them in everyday life. From the introduction to How to Understand the Mind by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso: “We should know that in recent years our … [Read more...]
• Wednesdays in July, 6:30-7:30pm • There is a close connection between our mind and our breath. By patiently practicing simple breathing meditations you will discover an inner peace just by controlling the mind. This feeling of peace and well-being helps us cope with the busyness and stress of daily life. Through practicing even a small amount each day a spacious feeling will develop within … [Read more...]
• Wednesdays in June, 6:30-7:30pm • Ever wondered about what came before and what might be next or about karma and reincarnation? This series will decode it all, making it easy to understand and practically relevant to our daily lives. By learning about karma we learn how to overcome personal limitations, live happily and create good fortune. By seeing how karma and reincarnation are … [Read more...]
• Wednesdays in May, 6:30-7:30pm • Can we fight for what we believe in without anger? Does letting go of anger mean letting go of power? Do we overcome enemies with anger? Is anger ever justified? Are you in control when angry? Anger, power or poison? This series of classes will answer all these questions and open your mind to new perspectives that you may have never considered … [Read more...]
Life can be so busy and our mind just gets busier and busier. With the influence of technology it’s so easy to become distracted in every situation. (Maybe you got distracted already!?!) As a result we can easily feel scattered and exhausted at the end of the day. How can we change this and reclaim a balanced and peaceful mind? Mindfulness is at the heart of Buddhist practice and has become … [Read more...]